Entity Solutions Group Managing Director, Matthew Franceschini, places high importance on corporate social responsibility and has often participated in fundraising events for charities over the years. This has served to instil a strong culture of charity within the organisation, which is evident in the regular charity fundraising activities carried out by staff.
This year, Matthew has signed up to a charity fundraising drive challenge inspired by personal reasons, in Daniher’s Drive 2017. Daniher’s Drive is a fun four-day road-trip extravaganza set to raise much needed awareness and funds to find a cure for Motor Neurone Disease (MND). The Cure for MND Foundation together with Neale Daniher, his brothers and sisters and the Cure For MND Foundation community will head off in their cars through the ‘Heart of Victoria – the Goulburn River Valley region’ which is famous for its scenic beauty, characterised by rolling hills, lush forests, majestic rivers and lakes.
Matthew has put together a team of three and they will be making the journey together to raise funds for the foundation. Matthew says, “This is a cause that is close to my heart for two reasons. The first reason came about as a result of witnessing a treasured employee struggle in silence whilst caring for her husband who suffered from MND. I saw the lives of two vibrant young people change so dramatically. It was truly heartbreaking and it struck me during that time that this could happen to anyone at any time. “
"The second reason for my passion for this cause stems from my lifelong devotion to the Melbourne Football Club and the many friends I have made throughout the years there – many of whom are ex-football players who were coached by Neale Daniher." Neale also suffers from MND and his battle has touched the hearts of all those around him.
How you can help
If you would like to donate to this worthy cause, please take the time to visit Matthew’s fundraising page. You will be supporting a cause that is working towards finding a cure for a debilitating disease that affects so many fellow Australians.
Here are some facts about MND for your information:
MND IN AUSTRALIA
- MND can strike anyone
- There is no known cure and no effective treatment for MND
- Each day in Australia two people die from MND
- Each day in Australia two people are diagnosed with MND
- People with MND progressively lose the use of their limbs and ability to speak, swallow and breathe, whilst their mind and senses usually remain intact
- Average life expectancy is 2.5 years*
- More than 2,000 people have MND in Australia of whom 60% are male and 40% are female*
- Mean time from onset to confirmation of diagnosis is 10 to 18 months*
- Prevalence of MND in 2015 was 8.7 per 100,000 people or 1 per 11,434 Australians*
- Approximately 58% of people with MND are under the age of 65*
- The total cost of MND in Australia was $2.37 billion in 2015. This equates to $1.1 million per person*
*Source: Deloitte Access Economics report Economic Analysis of MND in Australia